Fall Lawn Care
As days shorten and temperatures decrease, your lawn will soon go dormant. Utilizing proper fall lawn care techniques will give your lawn the nutrients it needs to withstand winter and come back better than ever in the Spring. If you want healthy, green grass next spring, caring for your lawn in the fall is crucial.
Fall Lawn Care Tips
- Fertilization is essential during the fall months, providing your lawn with an additional nutrient boost to be used over the dormancy period. Throughout the winter, grass roots will keep growing and utilize these stored nutrients until the spring.
- Power Seeding increases turf density, improving your lawn’s overall health and appearance. Lawn Doctor’s fall lawn care services use exclusive Turf Tamer® power
seeding equipment, which is designed to dispense the right amount of seed without harming your existing grass. Power seeding in fall can also help the lawn recover from heavy use over the summer. Power seeding will have a positive effect on your lawn’s appearance during the upcoming spring. Remember: A dense lawn is the best natural defense against insect and weed damage..
- Aerate the Soil – Fall is also a good time to aerate your lawn. Lawn Aeration fights grass compaction from summer traffic and helps the grass roots get the oxygen and nutrients they need.
- Rake Leaves – Once leaves start falling, it’s important to rake or use a leaf blower on your yard at least once a week. Making sure your yard is free of leaves not only improves appearance, but it also improves your lawn’s health. Leaves on the grass block out sunlight that your lawn needs in the fall as it stores nutrients for winter dormancy.
- Prevent Lawn Pests – Fall is an important time to treat your lawn for potential lawn pests. Lawn Doctor’s grub control services will help you get ahead of lawn pest issues; waiting for spring to take care of unwanted pests can lead to serious consequences. Call the Lawn Doctor in your area for a FREE lawn evaluation to learn more about our lawn pest services..
- Winterizing your trees and shrubs in the fall is optimal. Some evergreens will experience extreme moisture loss during the winter. Lawn Doctor’s trained technicians can apply a special oil that can prevent moisture loss. Our technicians are local and understand how to treat all of your fall lawn care needs.
We offer a full line of tree and shrub care services. Be sure to talk with your technician if you have questions or concerns about the health of your landscaping.
Contact your local Lawn Doctor today.