When homeowners need superior tick prevention, they turn to Lawn Doctor.
Why is tick control so important? A primary reason is that ticks are notorious for spreading disease. These facts and statistics show why homeowners should consider getting a tick yard treatments:
- The U.S. is a hot spot for tick-borne diseases. Scientists have detected at least a dozen new diseases transmitted by ticks over the last 50 years.
- According to the CDC, the number of people affected by Lyme disease has roughly doubled since 1991.
- One tick bite can cause multiple diseases.
Tick Control Service – How it Works
Wondering how to get rid of ticks in your yard? Our Yard Armour® tick control program is a comprehensive treatment approach that targets ticks where they live and breed, including their prime attack spots like tall grassy weeds around the perimeter of your property
- Tick Prevention. Lawn Doctor’s tick control experts will work with you on ways to defend your yard against ticks, including barrier treatments around the edge of your property as appropriate.
- Tick Control. We apply Yard Armour treatments to plantings around lawns and patios, and in the shrubs and tall grasses that ticks love to call home, to help you see an immediate reduction in existing tick problems.
- Ongoing Tick Maintenance. Effective tick control isn’t a one-time thing; our technicians routinely inspect and treat locations on your property that are susceptible, to safeguard against the appearance of ticks in the future.
How Reliable is Our Tick Yard Control?
Lawn Doctor has tick yard control down to a science. We tailor our tick control treatments to each yard’s needs and owner preferences. Our trained tick control professionals thoroughly inspect your property to identify areas that are potentially hospitable to ticks and work with you to determine which vulnerable areas to treat. As a result, tick control customers regularly get to enjoy virtually tick-free yards all season long. To prove it, we back all tick control services with our unbeatable Satisfaction Guarantee.**
How Dangerous Are Ticks?
Lyme disease remains the most widespread tick-borne disease in the US. Tick nymphs cause the most cases, largely because they are very small and their bites are painless, so people frequently don’t realize they’ve been bitten. Adult ticks can be carriers of lyme disease, but they are easier to spot and remove.
Additionally, the same blacklegged tick that carries Lyme disease can also carry Anaplasmosis and Babesiosis pathogens in the Northeast and upper Midwest, and Powassan disease, which has been reported in northeastern states and the Great Lakes region. The American dog tick, Rocky Mountain wood tick, and brown dog tick spread the bacterial disease Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, which has been diagnosed throughout the contiguous United States. These viruses cause very serious complications and can be fatal.
Allergies can also play a role in the danger of a tick bite. For some people and pets, any tick bite will cause a reaction that may result in pain, swelling, a rash, and a burning sensation. These are just some symptoms of tickborne illness.
Protect Yourself and Your Family
These tiny, eight-legged parasites can hitch a ride on the back of almost any wandering animal; you don’t want them to land in your yard and start calling it home. Especially because ticks are known carriers of serious – and sometimes deadly – diseases, tick lawn treatment is essential to protect you, your family, and pets. As ticks continue to rise in record numbers, now is the time to take action. Contact Lawn Doctor today.
For more information about our tick control services, or to receive a FREE service estimate, contact Lawn Doctor today at 1.800.845.0580.
*No pest control program can eliminate mosquitoes and ticks completely. The Yard Armour® services of local Lawn Doctor franchise businesses will reduce mosquito and tick populations in treated areas. No franchisee or any affiliate makes any expressed or implied guarantee regarding vector-borne health risks to humans or animals. Exposure to disease can occur in uncontrolled areas.
**If you are not satisfied with the result of a tick control application, we’ll either return and reapply that application at no additional charge or refund the full cost of your last application. Certain restrictions may apply.