Weeds are an unwelcome sight for any homeowner. Even a single weed can disrupt the appearance of a well-maintained lawn, and new weeds are usually quick to follow
Separately as weeds spread across your lawn they compete for the sunlight and nutrients that your grass needs to flourish. But you don’t have to let weeds ruin your otherwise great lawn. With weed control and pre-emergent weed control services from Lawn Doctor, you’ll be able to get rid of the most common and most stubborn weeds in your area. Our weed control specialists are experts in the weeds native to your region and the weed removal treatments that work best to remove them.
Our Weed Control Services
The good news is we have 50 years of experience in dealing with weeds. Our weed control programs start with a comprehensive assessment of the weed issues threatening your lawn. Our experts deal with hundreds of different species of weeds, and understand the factors that go into weed infestations – like your lawn’s health, soil and local growing conditions. We use this expertise and experience to create a custom weed control treatment plan for your lawn, making sure your lawn gets the weed control it needs. Guaranteed.
One of the most important steps of lawn weed control is to identify exactly what types of weeds are invading your lawn in the first place. Once this is known, a lawn care plan of action can be put into place. Our weed control services are designed to tackle the full range of weed species and weed types. Your local Lawn Doctor can help you treat:
- Grassy Weeds: These weeds thrive under the same conditions as your lawn’s grass, so that’s why they are a fairly common sight in most yards. They include weeds like crabgrass, goose grass, and yellow foxtail.
- Broadleaf Weeds: Broadleaf weeds are easier to treat, have wider leaves, and often flower. They include thistles, dandelions, wild violets, and clovers.
- Warm-Season Weeds: Weeds such as crabgrass, spurge and nutsedge thrive during warm summer months.
- Cool-Season Weeds: Cool-season weeds such as dandelions, chickweed and white clover are most widespread in the cooler months during the spring and fall.
- Annual Weeds: Annual weeds die off naturally at the end of their yearly growing cycle, but can sprout 4-5 times before that happens. It is best to use a pre-emergent in late August or early September to help prevent the growth of Annual Bluegrass and the seeds from germinating in the fall. Other annual weeds include crabgrass and foxtail.
- Perennial Weeds: Unlike annual weeds, these pesky weeds come back year after year until treated or removed. Perennial weeds include quakgrass bindweed, nutsedge (yellow/).
In many cases, it’s not enough to simply pull weeds out of the ground. While it may appear that the entire weed has been removed, if even a tiny part of the weed root is still in the ground, then it will still have the chance to grow and sprout a new weed in the future. Our experts will be on hand to make sure that all your lawn weeds are fully eliminated, leaving behind a pristine yard.
Lawn Doctor’s Weed Treatment Plan
Lawn Doctor isn’t just a weeding company; we’re all about treating the whole lawn and ensuring healthy grass growth. Building up a heathy, thick lawn is a great way to block out and prevent weeds from taking hold. Either way, getting rid of weeds is the first step. As mentioned above, our lawn care experts examine your yard to create a lawn weed control plan customized to your lawn’s exact needs. To get that perfectly lush, green look you want, this plan features year round care that includes anywhere from 6 to 8 treatments that care for and feed your lawn. Every yard is different, so it’s comforting to know that our experts have the knowledge and skill set to create unique plan individually tailored to your lawn to ensure the best results. Our weed treatment plan not only involves proper and effective weed control but an emphasis on lawn fertilization for healthy grass. In the end, you’ll have a beautiful yard you can enjoy throughout the year. Guaranteed.
Pre-Emergent Weed Control Services
Prevention is often the key to long-lasting health. When it comes to invasive plant life, it’s always better to stop weeds before they sprout rather than waiting until after they’ve sprouted and had a chance to set roots and grow stronger. With pre-emergent weed control services from Lawn Doctor, your yard will be protected against a wide range of weeds year round. This type of service involves routine preventative treatments. These treatments keep grass healthy by protecting it against invasive broadleaf weeds. As noted above, with this approach you stop weed growth before seeds have the chance to take root and grow.
Get Started with Lawn Doctor Weed Control Today
Weeds are always popping up when you’re not looking. Even one patch of crabgrass can act as a blight on what would otherwise be a spotless yard. Worse yet, just one patch is all the foothold needed for this aggressive weed to spread across your lawn. You don’t have to learn to live with a yard full of weeds. Going the DIY weed control route is an option but it’s also a big commitment that will require a bit of education. Protect your lawn with the help of your local weed control experts. Protect your lawn with the help of your local weed control experts.
Call your regional Lawn Doctor today at 1-800-845-0580 for more information or to get started with a FREE weed control service estimate.