When it comes to lawn care, one of the trickiest tasks for Portage, MI homeowners is lawn weed control. With so many different weed types – each with varying treatment options – it can be hard to know what to apply and when. Let the trained weed control professionals at Lawn Doctor of Kalamazoo-Portage help. We have the effective strategies, proven products, and in-depth local knowledge to get weeds under control in your lawn, guaranteed.
Why Controlling Weeds is Important for a Healthy Lawn
Weeds don’t need much to survive and thrive in your lawn. In fact, just a little space and sunlight seem to do the trick for many kinds. And when they get established, they can start competing with your lawn and landscape plants for essential nutrients, water, and light. This can impact the look of your yard as well as its overall health, vitality, and color.
So when weeds are taking over, what should you do? The first step is identification. When it comes to lawn weed control in the Portage area, there are many different kinds, including:
- Grassy. Grassy weeds look like grass and grow under the same conditions, too. The most common kind is crabgrass.
- Broadleaf. Broadleaf weeds vary in terms of look, but are characterized by broad, flat leaves. Examples include dandelion, clover, purslane, chickweed, and wild violet.
- Perennial. Perennials, such as dandelion, quackgrass, and field bindweed, come back season after season for several years.
- Annual. Annuals, including crabgrass, giant foxtail, and barnyard grass, can grow in multiple times, but only during one year.
- Warm-season. Warm-season weeds thrive in the warmer temperatures of spring and summer.
- Cool-season. Cool-season weeds grow best in spring, fall, and winter.
Our Portage Area Lawn Weed Control Professionals Can Help
With so many weed types, each with differing lifespans and growing seasons, weed control can get complicated for the average homeowner. Why not take the guesswork out of the lawn weed control process and leave the job to the professionals at Lawn Doctor of Kalamazoo-Portage?
We know which weeds are most common in our area, as well as how to treat and suppress them. From pre-emergent lawn weed control that targets weeds before they grow and surface to post-emergent services and preventative care, we have everything you need to make your lawn lush, healthy, and beautiful.
If you’d like to schedule a free consultation and service estimate, call in the Portage experts in lawn weed control – Lawn Doctor of Kalamazoo-Portage – at 269.321.1731.