Is your lawn erupting with dandelions, crabgrass, and clover? Call in the lawn weed control team from Lawn Doctor of Rhode Island. We know you want a thick, healthy lawn with few weeds – and we can deliver it. From pre-emergent solutions that target weeds before they sprout up to preventative measures that keep weeds at bay, we are your source for total lawn weed control.
Why Lawns Need Weed Control
Are you confused by the array of weed control products at your local lawn and garden center? You’re not alone. If you don’t understand weeds, how and when they grow, it’s tough to make the right choices. For instance, weeds can be:
- Grassy. Grassy weeds look similar to grass and thrive under the same conditions as your lawn. Examples: crabgrass and goosegrass.
- Broadleaf. Broadleaf weeds have wide, flat leaves, with some types even flowering. Examples: dandelion, chickweed, wild violet, purslane, and henbit.
- Perennial. Perennial weeds come back over the course of several seasons, establishing strong roots in your lawn. Examples: dandelion, quackgrass, field bindweed, yellow nutsedge, and Canada thistle.
- Annual. Annual weeds only grow in during the course of one year. Examples: crabgrass, barnyardgrass, and giant foxtail.
- Warm-season. Warm-season weeds like the warmer temperatures of spring and summer. Examples: spurge, nutsedge and oxalis.
- Cool-season. Cool-season weeds, however, opt for cooler weather, from fall to spring. Examples: henbit, dandelion, and white clover.
As Rhode Island’s lawn weed control specialists, we know that whatever kinds of weeds you have in your lawn, if you don’t get them under control, they will spread quickly and take over. In the process, many kinds can also compete with your grass and other plants for nutrients, sunlight, and water. This, in turn, weakens your lawn and landscape, impacting both health and color.
Ready to Connect with Our Lawn Weed Control Team?
Weed control is complicated due to the many kinds of weeds, as well as their varying growing seasons and life cycles. That’s why so many homeowners leave weed control to Lawn Doctor of Rhode Island. Our licensed technicians are trained experts who know how to diagnose weeds, get them under control quickly, and keep them that way through effective pre- and post-emergent solutions, as well as preventative measures. Stop guessing at what your lawn needs and start giving it the professional care and attention it deserves.
Our lawn weed control solutions are available to homeowners from Westerly to Woonsocket, the East Bay communities and Aquidneck Island. To learn more or schedule a free service estimate, call Lawn Doctor of Rhode Island today at 401.392.1025.