Every spring, do you see the same disappointing lawn? There’s an easy way to set the stage for more success in the next growing season and it’s with the right treatments during autumn. In fact, as experts in fall lawn care in the Columbia, SC area, Lawn Doctor of Columbia-Lexington-West Columbia knows that now is an excellent time of year to tackle a variety of tasks. These will help your turf get back on track after a hot Central South Carolina summer and come back stronger than ever next spring. For instance, make sure you’re:
- Aerating your yard. Summer fun often leads to soil compaction thanks to heavy foot traffic. The good news is that you can deal with it easily by aerating your lawn, which punches out small soil plugs so more air can circulate and more nourishment and water can get to the roots.
- Fertilizing with critical essentials. Just like a human, your grass requires all kinds of nutrients to stand strong against weeds, diseases, and other threats. Make sure you deliver them with a lawn care application during the fall. This will help roots develop deeper and stronger, better supporting robust springtime growth.
- Stopping weeds from making a comeback. With a pre-emergent weed control application, you’ll interrupt the germination process for species like chickweed and dandelion. You’ll also prevent perennial weeds from growing and getting established in spring.
- Preventing lawn pests from infesting. During autumn, all kinds of pests thrive. Don’t wait until spring to deal with them. Instead, tackle them now with the appropriate pest control treatments.
- Continuing to maintain your lawn. Throughout this all, continue to mow, rake, and water. When your lawn is well-maintained, it will stay healthy without the stress.
Let Columbia’s Fall Lawn Care Team Help
When it comes to fall lawn care treatments, timing them just right during the autumn season is critical. If you’re not sure what to do and when, turn to Lawn Doctor of Columbia-Lexington-West Columbia for help. While you handle the maintenance chores, we’ll assess your turf and tailor a plan and schedule that’s designed to help it look great and come back better than ever next spring.
Get started today by visiting our contact page to schedule a free consultation. We offer fall lawn care in the Columbia, Lexington, West Columbia, Irmo, and Chapin, SC areas.