The smell of spring also means it’s time for lawn care. But if you’re like many homeowners in Fairfield County, you might not know which jobs to take on first. At Lawn Doctor of Fairfield County and Westchester County, we’re here to help. As local lawn care experts serving the Fairfield County, CT area, we know what it takes to get your grass, soil, and landscape spring ready and into great shape. Here are a few critical tips to follow:
- Get cleaning. A lawn full of leaves, branches, and other winter debris is ripe for a disease, pest, or insect takeover. Instead, clean up your lawn so it’s fully exposed to the sun and can dry out more efficiently.
- Get testing. Another key step to take during spring lawn care in the Fairfield County area is to check the pH level of your soil. Is it too acidic or alkaline? Either will hinder nutrient absorption.
- Get fertilizing. After a long winter, your lawn is hungry for key nutrients so it can recover, and grow back healthier and stronger than ever. Just make sure you follow instructions on any fertilizer precisely so you don’t cause any damage to new and tender growth.
- Get controlling. Weeds don’t have to drive you crazy later in the spring and into summer. Instead, with a pre-emergent product, you can fight back so seeds don’t germinate below the soil’s surface.
- Get seeding. Bare spots and thinning areas are never a welcome sight. But there is an easy way to fix them with overseeding. Simply apply topsoil, then spread and rake fresh seed into it. Make sure you water deeply everyday for higher germination rates.
Get More Lawn Care Tips from the Experts in Fairfield County
Getting your lawn ready for spring takes a lot of work. If you want to ensure you make the most of this important season then call in the expert lawn care team at Lawn Doctor of Fairfield County and Westchester County. We offer the proven services, in-depth expertise, and friendly, reliable technicians who can prime your lawn for excellent spring growth and summer enjoyment.
To learn more, call Lawn Doctor of Fairfield County and Westchester County today at 203.348.3025 to schedule a free lawn care consultation. Our lawn care services are available all over the area, including in Easton, Fairfield, Weston, Westport, Norwalk, Darien, New Canaan, Greenwich, and Stamford in Fairfield County, CT, and White Plains, Rye, Chappaqua, Peekskill, Cortlandt Manor, and all towns in Westchester County.