Your grass is about to go dormant. You can hang up your lawn care hat for the season, right? Actually, autumn is prime time to helping your turf recover from summer stress and get on track for the next growing season. But to achieve that, you have to follow a few key steps. Lawn Doctor of Cherry Hill West & South can help. As experts in fall lawn care in the Cherry Hill, NJ area, we know how to take advantage of autumn, so your efforts pay greener, lusher dividends in spring. For instance, make sure you:
- Aerate. Summer play time and parties can lead to soil compaction. Alleviate it with a core aeration treatment to open up your yard and get all the necessary nutrients, water, and oxygen to roots.
- Seed. Heat and drought can take a toll on your lawn, even killing off parts of it. You can bring it back to life by seeding it to repair thinning spots or bare areas, as well as to improve overall turf density.
- Fertilize. Nourishing your lawn is a critical step in fall lawn care, helping it get back on track after a hot summer, endure an upcoming harsh Cherry Hill winter, and come out on top in the spring ahead.
- Apply weed control. Get to weeds before they make a comeback with a pre-emergent product. This will prevent fall weeds from spreading, as well as keep spring perennials from taking root. Just don’t apply weed control anywhere near fresh seed.
- Mow. Continue to mow your grass until the first hard frost, keeping it around three inches in height so it doesn’t get stressed heading into winter.
- Rake. Don’t let a leaf pileup lead to infections in your lawn. Instead, blow them off or rake them up, allowing air and sunlight to reach your grass.
Let Cherry Hill’s Fall Lawn Care Team Help
Too busy this season to handle all these tasks on your own? Call in the fall lawn care team at Lawn Doctor of Cherry Hill West & South. You can rake, mow, and water, while we create a customized treatment plan and schedule designed especially for your lawn. We’ll get your lawn into great shape so it comes through winter safely and shines in spring.
Get started today by calling Lawn Doctor of Cherry Hill West & South at (856) 428-0858 for a free consultation. We offer fall lawn care in the Cherry Hill, Haddonfield, Haddon Heights, Merchantville, Pennsauken and Bellmawr, NJ areas.