Lawn weed control is anything but easy. There are hundreds of different kinds of weeds, each with varying treatment options. Not only that, but you have to get timing right, too. It’s a lot for the average homeowner to figure out. Why not take the guesswork out of lawn weed control and leave it to the Suwanee, GA experts at Lawn Doctor of Lawrenceville-Suwanee? We know weeds native to our area, as well as how to treat and suppress them. You can go golfing or fishing, while we get weeds under control in your lawn.
Common Types of Lawn Weeds
If treating weeds was as easy as applying a single herbicide, we’d be out of business. At Lawn Doctor of Lawrenceville-Suwanee, we know that not only is lawn weed control complicated, but it’s also vital if you want a beautiful lawn. Not only do weeds detract from how your lawn looks, they can even impact the amount of nutrients, sunlight and water grass roots take in. This can result in a less-than-healthy lawn.
But before you can successfully treat weeds, you need to know the different kinds you’re dealing with:
- Broadleaf weeds are those weeds with a wide, flat leaf. They include dandelion, clover, wild violet and purslane.
- Grassy weeds look and grow like grass, making them harder to spot. The most common example is crabgrass.
- Annual weeds can grow back multiple times during just one growing season.
- Perennials can come back season after season, for several years, getting more established in your lawn as a result.
- Cool-season weeds favor the growing conditions found from fall to spring.
- Warm-season weeds, instead, like to grow in higher temperatures, during spring and summer.
Get Lawn Weed Control Help from Lawn Doctor of Lawrenceville-Suwanee
From type to lifecycle to growing season, there are many variables to take into account when considering lawn weed control measures. But when you hire Lawn Doctor of Lawrenceville-Suwanee to care for your lawn and get weeds under control, you don’t have to worry about any of them. We offer all the services you need to treat and suppress weeds year-round, from pre-emergent solutions that target weeds before they sprout to post-emergent and preventative measures. At Lawn Doctor of Lawrenceville-Suwanee, we are your local, go-to partner for total lawn weed control.
At Lawn Doctor of Lawrenceville-Suwanee, our lawn weed control services are available for homeowners throughout both Suwanee and Lawrenceville, GA. To schedule your free consultation and estimate, call us today at 678.629.3752.