With a professional lawn fertilization service, it’s easy to grow healthy grass in the Hendersonville area. But if you’re taking a DIY approach to fertilization, the results might not meet your high standards. While most homeowners can give turf the nutrients it needs to survive, it takes the right materials, equipment, and know-how if you want your lawn to thrive.
As Hendersonville’s lawn fertilization experts, we’re often asked how we achieve such lush, green, and consistent results. Below are a few of the questions we hear most from homeowners in the Hendersonville area, along with answers to help make fertilizing your lawn easier.
Common Lawn Fertilization Questions
1. How do I know which fertilizer to use? The most important part of choosing the right fertilizer is finding one with the right NPK values. These values represent the percentage of nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium in the fertilizer. Your grass will need different nutrients at different times of the year, so it’s important to choose the right NPK values for each application.
2. Should I use granular or liquid fertilizer? We usually recommend sticking with granular fertilizer, which is designed to slowly release nutrients into the soil. This means longer-lasting results for your turf. Liquid fertilizers are suitable when grass needs nutrients quickly, or when it’s struggling to absorb granular fertilizer.
3. Does my fertilizer spreader matter? It absolutely does! At Lawn Doctor of Asheville-Waynesville, the quality of our spreaders is one of the biggest reasons we’re able to achieve such consistent results. A higher-quality spreader will make it easier to achieve even coverage.
4. What time of day is best for fertilizing? We suggest avoiding the late morning or early afternoon when fertilizing turf. Fertilizing in the middle of the day can cause the sun to burn your grass, which damages its health. Fertilizing in the late afternoon or early evening will help you avoid this problem.
Our Fertilization Services in Hendersonville
If you’re looking to completely take the guesswork out of lawn fertilization in Hendersonville, we suggest calling the team at Lawn Doctor of Asheville-Waynesville!
Our fertilization services will give your lawn the precise balance of nutrients it needs for lush growth, healthy color, and strong roots. We tailor our fertilization services to the unique growing conditions on your property, leading to truly remarkable results.
Lawn Doctor of Asheville-Waynesville offers lawn fertilization services in:
- And the surrounding areas
For lawn fertilization services in Hendersonville, contact Lawn Doctor of Asheville-Waynesville today!